New Zealand Immigration Advice

If you wish to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three predominant methods to do this:

1. Complete the application type your self

You’ll be able to choose the visa you want using the Immigration website and complete the application type yourself with the data provided by Immigration New Zealand.

Every visa type has an application type and accompanying guide. We suggest you read the information before trying to finish the applying form.

Don’t worry for those who get caught along the way; you possibly can contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Have interaction a licensed immigration adviser

You possibly can interact a licensed immigration adviser to assist you with your visa software but they must have a current licence.

An individual who offers New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Before partaking an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to ensure the person you might be partaking has a valid immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type variation of a condition of work visa licence (some advisers could only be able to advise on limited areas).

The Government’s Immigration Advisers Authority offers information on who can provide New Zealand immigration advice and explains how one can complain if you’re unhappy. In addition they present a useful guide about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Should you’ve any issue finding a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you’ll be able to contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is answerable for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking motion in opposition to these giving immigration advice with out a licence.

3. Interact someone who’s exempt from the license necessities

It’s also possible to seek immigration advice from people who find themselves exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption consists of:

training brokers who’re solely permitted to provide immigration advice on student visas

lawyers with a present New Zealand practising certificates

foreign diplomats and consular staff

staff of the New Zealand Authorities who provide immigration advice as part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption consists of:

lawyers with a present New Zealand practising certificate

members of Parliament and their workers who provide immigration advice as part of their jobs

authorities workers who give immigration advice as a part of their jobs

volunteers at Group Regulation Centres or Citizens Advice Bureau.

The Regulation Society internetsite might help you discover a lawyer or legal agency or check that your existing lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.